As we leave 17......

So the New Year is here.

I have a long trip coming up to China within a week or so.  I will try and get one post I have on my mind out before then.  One is a business post....about doing biz in China.  The other about China Wife of course.  I will let my emotions make the call.

Here is a top ten list of some of the nearly 300 posts I've written that are currently on my mind now.
I recall I did do a similar post around this time last year or the year before and probably the year before that.

I may or may not link those to this.  Will see. 

I've been writing this blog since 2012.  It's added years to my life.  I have to actually think back and remember WHY I actually started this blog???  It took a moment.  Than I remembered it was all about just giving me peace of mind when dealing with China Wife.  And I like to write and I'm opinionated.   My writing is far more politically correct than my speech, trust me. 

Sometimes my writing is subpar.  I know that.  I apologize.  I also know long form blogging is so last fucking century, and I can care less.  I'm a child of the 70's and university student of the 80's.  That's all I know.   Many a podcast can be so fake anyway.   Everyone is so nice to one another. 

I'm well aware(oh so aware) that I don't write about topics many of you care to read.  Sorry about that.  Not.  Even if no one reads my blog, I'll still be writing.   I do sincerely apologize for the at times more than weekly interval between my stuff.  Travel and being a dad simply crowds out my writing time.   

As I hope many of you know, Peking Duck has called it quits.  Now that was a blog, folks.  Wow.   I can't possibly see myself going that long, but who knows?   I do know that I find more people involved in China simply to make money, which I have absolutely no problem with, than there are to learn about the Heavenly Kingdom itself.   They see it as a means to an end though, which does bother me.   Maybe my posts will simply stop without warning.  Probably cause I got ran over by a moped on the sidewalk.   Who knows?(cares?)

For those of you that read, please stay passionate about China, or at least keenly interested.  And don't forget, regarding China, nothing is ever black and white.  It's all very, very gray.


But these are 10 posts I'd like to call your attention to, simply because I like them.   Yeah, this list probably has similarities to what I wrote last year.  And yeah, alot of these will probably be from deep in the archives, when I wasn't writing as carefully as I think I am now, in terms of editing.

Here goes:

Lushan....

This is the domino that in my view cast the lot of Chinese History for the next generation after the event took place.   It certainly set into motion the 60's.

Monster.....everytime a Chinese official goes down I think of this.  Boy oh boy have times changed.   This post deserved a better writeup.  I should've spent more time on it than I actually did.

This post is my belief that the World Order has really already accepted China for better or for worse for what it really is.  No conditions attached.  No countries are perfect.  Should the US and China clash, the world will not care. 

This woman could've stopped the Cultural Revolution if she'd just not been so picky and married the guy who proposed.  This might be my favorite post right now.

These faggots piss me off.  End of Story.  I never thought these people existed until I saw them on social media.   I find their passion about China unbalanced and misguided. 

This post is about my realization I simply don't have the money in the bank to complete against these guys when it comes to sending my kids to a really good school.


This post is about China's First Lady, Wang Guangmei.  Another symbol of China jailed in the 60's.   Barred from going to America as China was afraid she too would write a tell all memoir.

This is my Good Samaritan post.  America doesn't care about it's citizenry speaking Mandarin anymore.   Not sense we welcomed millions of Chinese into our country.  But I still do them here and there...keep them coming.

I thought this post would win me the Pulitzer.  Or at least a free entree.  I got neither.  Shit.


And finally, I feel this post is a bit meaningful today.  It actually has two parts.  I'll leave up to you guys to find part two. 

Happy New Year!






Comments

  1. Long-term reader. I always like your long form posts. I am not that old, but I hate the Twitter world we have become.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twitter is ok. It is entertaining. But as you obviously know it assumes we humans have little time for anything else. Which makes us more perceptible to deception.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

KTV in China

The worst sex I've ever had with China Girl is with China Wife

Pros and Cons of a Chinese Wife