So the Officials can't drink anymore eh? Is that it???

I ran across an article the other day where it had said that Xi Jinping has ordered that Senior govt officials will be forbidden from drinking maotai.  So what?

What's the definition of a senior official?  County level? Of course not.

The military officers can't stay in nice hotels either.  That's a good start.

I think the USA could learn from that one. 

Seems the guys at the top of the food chain want to improve the reputation of their leaders in the eyes of  their people.  Better late than never.

May I offer some further suggestions to help the process along?



  • Why not ban all leaders from driving imports?  In future, govt leaders can only be seen driving China made cars.   Goodbye BMW 7 series and Audi A7's....Hello Honda.   It's an economic trade off I know.  The gov't loses all that tariff income, but at least this way local car production will increase, right?  Need to serve the people.  


  • No more first class on airplanes.....all you serve to do anyway is bump me back to coach. 


  • KTV?  We all know how Chinese leaders love to sing.  That is the reason you go, right?  Why not do what my wife did and just buy the $70 home version?   Nothing like good family time singing the "The East is Red".   And your wife can put her hands on your thigh and smile at your jokes, too.  Just like the....oh nevermind. 
  • And finally my favorite:  If I have to pay a toll road fee so should you!



Of course none of the above, either my suggestions, or those dictates of Beijing are enforceable.  But it makes good press.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KTV in China

The worst sex I've ever had with China Girl is with China Wife

Pros and Cons of a Chinese Wife