Back in the States' for a short time. A gutter in my subdivision collapsed, I know not how.  Was repaired within a week of my having noticed it.  I was reminded of how Churchill opposed the independence of India.  He said grass would grow in the streets if England left.  On many business trips to Mexico I've pretty much seen the same thing.  Knee high grass everywhere, along with potholes.  

A nice barometer of a gov't is it's ability to do the small things right, and how quickly it does them.

Some countries, like China, of course, have not an emphasis on speed, but a PLAN, if you will, that goes at it's own pace, unbeknownst to the rest of us.  But it gets things done.

A rail to separate opposing directions of traffic....done.
A new light at an obviously busy intersection....done.
The power to the light, upon installation....a week or two later....but done.

My point is the gov't doesn't necessarily feel the pressure of public opinion to hurry along.  And I've now changed from a "what's taking so long?" mentality, to more of a relaxed "it will get accomplished" mindset.

Now I know the true meaning of 慢慢来“ in China.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KTV in China

The worst sex I've ever had with China Girl is with China Wife

The hidden cost to marrying a Chinese girl